Sunday, July 10, 2011

Congrats Derek

Yesterday was a wonderful day in Yankee world. For those of you who don’t know, Derek Jeter went 5 for 5 yesterday, almost hit for the cycle, and got his 3,000th hit in his second at bat. I saw that at bat, along with his at bat in the first inning, but didn’t watch the whole game because we were having a pool party with the family.

I was there in Yankee Stadium with my family the day Derek hit his 2,994th hit and hurt his calf. I was also at his second rehab start in Trenton where he played six rainy innings. And after all that, it sure felt good to finally see that 3,000th hit on my television. It was wonderful when he passed Lou Gehrig as the all-time Yankee hit leader last year, but that just couldn’t compare to his 3,000th hit, in home run fashion. I sure hope my hero beats the odds and passes Pete Rose for the all time hit leader, but until then, keep being good old Derek Jeter.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment